The Martians have invaded, time to return the favor!

The Martians have invaded, time to return the favor!

Saturday, November 3, 2007

British Quadambulator!



Perusing the magnificent pages of "Yours in a White Wine Sauce! "
I came across one of my friend Tas's creations of truly monumental proportions! I ordered two 15mm Mk IV WWI British tanks strait away! However, looking at this beastie a
second time, I may need to up size to two 1/72nd scale tanks!






British Quadambulator!
The latest creation from the Royal Armouries....
http://pauljamesog.blogspot.com/2006/03/british-quadambulator.html


is the HMLS MAJESTIC, a Land Battleship of hitherto unimagined proportions!

This mechanical marvel boasts 4 independant track systems, each driven by its own cross-connectable boiler for increased redundancy and sustainability in battle.


She boasts multiple light batteries, including a rear facing anti-personnel weapon to cover the blind arc and two mounts with extended elevation for use against flying targets. The primary battery is a massive seige weapon capable of breeching any known fortification....

and of course she comes with the gyrostablised drinks cabinet as a standard fitting!

Modelling Notes: 2 reversed WW1 British Mk IV tanks (from Irregular's 6mm range) with bits added from the spares box, including some BFG turrets and aerial. Flag by Brigade Models


And yes this is a world breaking 4 funnel class Land Ironclad - so the challenge is on!


"Chin-Chin! Do carry on with with your mud-pies!"
Don M said...

Tas can I post this over on my blog,with an acceptance as it were of a gauntlet being thrown....I just bought two 15mm Mk VI WWI tanks.....)



Tas said...

Most certainly Don, the gauntlet is indeed thrown - I look forward to seeing your lead and plastic retort :-)

Don M said...

As soon as the arrive from the UK care of Irregular Miniatures I'm
strait too it!

4 comments:

Bill said...

My God! In 15mm no less?
Oh well it's no worse
than that 15mm OGRE you
have...Press On! ;-)

Joe said...

Oh boy here we go, again! ;-)

Paul O'G said...

Jobs on lads! I look forward to seeing your armoured monstrosity in reply, which will inevitably inspire me to create another retalitory strike!

There is a Prussian "Landram" of similar style too, here:
http://pauljamesog.blogspot.com/2006/03/der-prussian-steam-landram.html

Don M said...

I've got a pretty good sized Prussian
Land Dreadnought 75% done....)

Like I said I may have to up size on
the British to two 1/72nd tanks to
even come close to yours!