The Martians have invaded, time to return the favor!

The Martians have invaded, time to return the favor!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

19th Century Sudan Wargames Armies


From Author:
My interest in Colonial Wargaming was largely
ignited by my father, who was a big fan of the
film Zulu and always wanted a Stanley Baker
style pith helmet.

When the Perry Brothers released their Sudan
figures, therefore, I knew I had to have them,
even though the Sudan theater would not have
been my first choice. However, once I started
to read up on it I decided that it was, for so
many reasons, a very good period to game: large
battles, patrols, skirmishes, steamboats, Gatling
guns and very varied troop types from British on
camels to Egyptians in chainmail. Wonderful!

http://sudan1883.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Bill said...

He paints well!

La Coloniale said...

Really does, did you see the
link to the other site on his
blog? That guy there is a master painter!